Thursday, February 28, 2013

Feb is over?

It's hard to believe that February has come and gone.  I know it's a baby month, but it flew by!  Time to look back at some of the highlights.

28 for 28 Challenge
My birthday was February 1st, and for it, I held a fun little challenge for my Team in Training marathon fundraiser.  It was a huge success, and now there's a whole lot I have to do to fulfill my end of the challenge.

Speaking of fundraising...
A few days ago, I reached my fundraising minimum goal!  I was able to hit the $2900 amount, and now for the next 3 months, every extra dollar that gets raised is just the cherry on top!  It goes a long way to help those affected by blood cancers.

Speaking of running...
It's been going really well!  It's been great running with the team and getting to know them more.  I've hit two 8+ mile runs this month, and I'm hitting double digits starting next week.  As some of you know, I've ran at least one race every month for over 2 years.  Feb's race was a 5 miler, and I set a new PR (personal record) for that distance.

Teens!
I've reached the teens for weight - and I can't wait to keep going.
Dec 31: 236.8
Jan 31:  223.2
Feb 28:  216.6
Another 6+ lbs gone, and that makes 20 for 2013

Lent
I'm trying some new things out for Lent.  And so far, I'm learning, reflecting, and discovering a whole lot, but it's not hitting the conscious thought and intentionality that I had hoped.  Time to make time.  Time to find more meaning.

That's all for this update!  But I have a feeling some big things are coming in March :)


No comments:

Post a Comment