Friday, March 1, 2013

Upcoming Races

I just took a look at my race schedule and it hit me just how crazy this stretch of time is.  But I can't wait!

Here's a quick look at the races I've signed up for in the coming months:

March 16 - Canyonlands Half Marathon - Moab, UT
Just look at the picture.  Enough said!

April 7 - Platte River Half - Littleton, CO
A relatively flat course that runs from downtown Littleton and along the Platte River Trail.  This is a trail that I am very familiar with - I did the majority of my long runs training for my half marathon last May on this trail, and I've done a couple shorter races along this trail.  I needed an April race, and this is a great fit!

May 5 - Colorado Half Marathon - Fort Collins, CO
I am returning to the site of my first half marathon a year later.  It's a beautiful course and a fun run, and I can't wait to conquer it again.

(Maybe) May 19 - Colfax Half Marathon or Urban 10 Miler - Denver, CO

June 2 - Rock n Roll San Diego Marathon - San Diego, CA
The big day is coming up faster than I can imagine.  I am still so far off from where I need to be in physical preparation, but every day that passes, I feel more and more confident about it.  I keep picturing it in my mind, and there aren't any more fears and worries.  I guess I'm just saving those for June 1st!

June 16 - The Color Run - Denver, CO
A race which I am deeming "The victory lap."  I ran this last year and it was one of the most run races I have ever done.  I can't wait to celebrate the running of my first marathon by doing The Color Run with a bunch of great friends!


That's the plan!  Then I have no idea what I'm going to do.  I'm hoping to set a couple PRs after that, but I have nothing planned for the fall.  

What big things do you have coming up this spring/summer?  Any fun races?

1 comment:

  1. I want to come run in Moab - WOW! So excited for you friend! Keep on trucking. Let your confidence continue to grow, you KNOW you've got this! Go Jeff go!

    ReplyDelete