Thursday, February 14, 2013

Marathon Course Revealed

Yesterday, the people of Rock n Roll San Diego marathon revealed the brand new course that I will be running on June 2nd.


When I saw it, two thoughts went through my head simultaneously:

1.  On paper, 26 miles looks manageable.  I can do this!
2.  On paper, 26 miles looks so long.  I'm going to die!

On the one hand, I stare at the map and I get excited.  I picture the adventure that lies ahead of me.  I picture the crowds of people cheering me along.  I picture myself crossing the finish line of my first marathon.

On the other hand, I picture the opposite.  The grueling, pain-filled torture that I will be putting myself through.

Either way....

...this just got real!

I'm getting so close to my fundraising goal!  
Consider supporting my journey to run a marathon - benefitting the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

1 comment:

  1. Soooooooooo excited for you! I wish I were still in SD so I could be there to cheer you on! GO JEFFY GO!

    ReplyDelete