Sunday, October 21, 2012

Back on Track 5K

Yesterday, I ran a race with my friend Emily which I deemed the "Get Back on Track 5K."

The actual race title was Juvenile Justice 5K.

My running has been of and on over the past several months.  I am making a final push for 2012 to hit some of my goals and set myself up to start 2013 on a strong note.

This race was at a familiar place for me - Cheesman Park.  I've done a few races there, and it is beautiful.  However, I always forget how subtle the hills are.  This course featured 2 laps around the outer gravel path, so the hills were wearing.  Twice.

The first time around, I felt good.  The second - pooped.  But I kept trudging.

My goal was under 30.  I didn't quite hit it.

Official Time:  30:24 - 9:47 pace - 23rd overall out of 104.




I feel ok about it.  I knew it wasn't going to be that great, but it was a good race considering the last several months.  It's just a little disheartening knowing I've lost 3 minutes off my 5K time since my half marathon training this spring.

Oh well, I know that I have to work at getting consistent again, so this is a great step for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment