Thursday, October 18, 2012

100

This marks my 100th post on this blog!

Just a couple fun facts to capture the journey that it's been:

-My first post was November 18, 2010.
-There have been 6,438 page views.  That seems like a lot to me.
-April 2012 was the most visited month.
-After the US, the most viewers by country are:  Russia, Germany, Canada, UK, Malaysia, Australia, Japan, Latvia...
-For all the nerds in the audience, 33% of visitors to my site use Firefox, 21% Safari, 19% Internet Explorer, 17% Google Chrome.  55% have used Windows, 30% Mac.  55% are incorrect.
-My top 5 posts (by # of views):  Fat Kid Chronicles, Tough Mudder, Lessons from Tangled, Dear Jeff, Police Appreciation Run

This was never really meant to be anything big.  Just a way for me to chronicle my life- a sort of digital personal scrapbook to keep me motivated and strive for new things in my life.

But as it turns out, a lot of people have read it.  Surprised.  Flattered.  Humbled.  Honored.

A word that keeps coming up when people talk to me about it is inspiring.  For some reason, people read some of my posts, stay connected to my life, and feel a new sense of inspiration and motivation.  I'm not sure if I will ever understand it, but it amazes me.  I've shared some ups and downs that I have experienced in my life.  I have shared successes and failures.  I have shared once in a lifetime moments and the mundane.  For some, a few of my stories have struck something in them, made an impact, and inspired some sort of action.

Through this journey, I have spent a lot of time thinking, reflecting, challenging, dreaming, hoping, learning, and living.  And through this journey, I have found so much hope and joy in in the people and world around me.  So I want to say a quick thank you to everyone who has read my blog, commented, talked, and shared this journey with me.  Whether you realize it or not, you are the ones who inspire me.

And for that, I am forever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment