Sunday, June 30, 2013

Half Way There - 2013

Holy cow!  How did we already hit the half way point of the year?

At this point every year, I like to take a look back at my goals I made at the beginning of the year and check in with my progress.  Let's see how I'm doing.

Stay below 230 pounds
YES!  I hit high 200's just before my marathon - then after a month of not exercising I hit the 2-teens, so now I need to get back on track.  Still working on that part, but still well below where I started the year.

No McDonald's or Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Done.  And easier than I thought.

Run a race every month
So far so good!  The 2 1/2+ year streak may come to an end, but we'll see how the next few months go.

Run a marathon
Done!  June 2nd was such an incredible day!

Run under the following times:
5K: 26:00  10K:  57:00  Half Marathon: 2:00:00
Not sure if I'll hit any of these.  Probably won't go for the half (best time was 2:15), but if I work my butt off I could at least make an attempt at the other two.

Run 3 destination races
Moab, UT - San Diego, CA - 

Visit 5 new places
Not many new places, but road trips to Moab, RMNP, and a few local treks, moving to Gunnison, and a trip to San Diego.

Read the Bible
did well for a while, but then fell off of consistency.  Some chunks here and there, but not doing the best.

Increase savings accounts to undisclosed amount
Staying pretty steady, but not seeing some of the growth I was hoping for!

Have zero balance on my credit cards
Still working on this, but have a long ways to go.

Volunteer
I've volunteered at a couple individual events (races, church, etc.) but not was I was aiming for.

Discover/Rediscover a creative outlet
Did some art early on, but need to keep finding some fun things to do.

Smile and laugh a lot
Always

No comments:

Post a Comment