Sunday, March 31, 2013

Quarter

Tomorrow is April.  2013 is already a quarter of the way over.  Realizing that makes me cringe a little.  Time is flying, and it won't slow down for anything.  Here's a quick look at some of the things that happened in March:

Running/Marathon Training/Fundraising
I have ran more this past month than any in my life.  It has been exciting and exhausting to say the least.  Lots of great runs with my team (when we could get together).  It snowed a lot here in March.  A LOT. So that made some of the training difficult.  The highlight of running this past month was completing my second half marathon, and first of 2013, in Moab, Utah.  It is such a beautiful place and the race was phenomenal.

I have surpassed the amount I need to fundraise for my San Diego marathon, so my focus has shifted just to the running.  I can't wait for what April and May bring.

Plateau
I have reached a plateau, or more specifically, I didn't make weight loss a priority this month.  So I didn't lose any.  I lost a couple here and there and was on track in stretches, but also gained a few and was off track in others.  I am still super excited about how far I've come so far in 2013, but a little disappointed in the stagnant month.  I have to re-prioritize and make a shift.  Bring it on, April!

Dec 31: 236.8
Jan 31:  223.2
Feb 28:  216.6
Mar 31:  217.4

Share Your Story
I had the amazing opportunity to speak about some of my story about weight loss, running, and fitness with some of the students at the university I work at.  It was an incredibly moving and inspiring night, as we got to hear great stories from some students and staff.  I haven't watched it at all, but there was some video taken (That's a little weird for me).  Here's a chunk of it if you want to watch.

New Toy
In the hobby department, I bought a new toy.  I am now the owner of my first DSLR camera.  I can't wait to spend some time behind the lens and finding a way to add some more art to my life.

March had plenty of ups and downs, but it has been a monumental month for me.  But no matter what, I know that big things are happening in my life.  I am excited to share some of them with you, and to share some more in the coming months.  I said big things are coming in 2013, and it has been living up to that statement... and then some!

April, let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment