Saturday, June 30, 2012

Half Way There - 2012

So I just looked at my calendar and it says June 30.  This year has flown by so quickly.  I feel like I went to sleep in February and woke up in June.  It's hard to believe that the year is half over.  Anyone else feel that way?

Every June I like to check in and see the progress I've made on my goals for the year.  It serves two purposes: a sense of accomplishment for the things that have happened this year, and a wake up call for the things I haven't.  A change of focus is good!

Here's my list of goals for 2012, the progress, and the new focus for the remainder of the year.

And here's the original post.

Red = not done
Green = done or plans are made to be done


1. Get down to 210, then never get back above 220.  During half marathon training, I made it to 215.  Now I've put on some weight since I haven't been running lately.  I've been looking forward to July 1st for a while now because it's the first day of my new half marathon training program, so we'll see if I can check this one off before my race in September.

2. Run a race every month.  So far so good!  6 months down, 8 races completed.  I have signed up for races through September, so this one will be accomplished 2 years in a row!





















3. Run a half marathon. If it goes well, run one in spring, summer, and fall.  Official goal was 1.  Check!  I signed up for #2 in September, and depending on how that goes, we'll see about #3 or 26.2


4. Climb 5 14ers. Because once you climb one, you just can't stop.  Ok, 5 was a ridiculous number, but I am looking forward to climbing my first 14er in July.  Seeing the view from the top of one last weekend got me really excited for it!

5. Ski Keystone, Breckenridge, A Basin, Vail, and Beaver Creek. I didn't take full advantage last winter like I was hoping, but I'm excited to cross off the other 3 this fall & early winter.  Not done, but definitely still doable.


6. Go to a Broncos, Avalanche, Rockies, Nuggets, and Rapids game. Rapids game is the only one left, and we have tickets coming up in July when they play a friendly against a team from the English Premier League.  Plus add on some indoor lacrosse and 2012 has been quite the sports year.












7. Join a sports league. It would still be fun to do this, but not sure if it will happen.  I haven't played as much volleyball this year as I would like, but I've gone to a running club a few times and we're starting to play some pick up basketball with coworkers this summer.

8. Present at a professional conference. I miss presenting, and I'm looking for chances to do so in the next year.  Anyone interested? I'm open!

9. Discover or rediscover a creative outlet. This is probably the one I want to focus on the most.  I want to find something I enjoy that taps into creativity.  Whether it's musical, artistic, taking an improv class, or going to toastmasters meetings, find SOMETHING to spend my time in creativity.

10. Read 50 Books. Almost on pace.  I'm done with 21 and currently on 22.  After reading 30 last year, I'm excited I am at least close enough to maybe make this happen.

11. Visit 5 new states/countries.  I am officially changing the goal to Visit 5 new places.  Specifically visiting 5 new states or countries is tough, but having new experiences is more important.  So far in 2012, some new places have included:
-Ski Resorts Keystone & Breckenridge for skiing, Beaver Creek for Tough Mudder
-Moab, Utah & Arches/Canyonlands National Parks
-Fort Collins for my half marathon
-Rocky Mountain National Park
-Trip booked to go to Phoenix, Sedona, and Grand Canyon the first week of August

Throw in a trip back to FL and a 4th of July in MN and this guy's a happy camper!  Yes, a lot of these are in CO, but when you move to a new place, it's so much fun to explore.  Especially a place as amazing as Colorado!

12. Smile and laugh. A lot.   These are the moments that make life worth living.

What a great start to 2012.  2nd half, you have a lot to live up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment