Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Road Trip


From Sat, the 18th - Mon, the 20th, I took my road trip to Minnesota, leaving Florida behind. Below are my thoughts, hallucinations, musings, text messages, and the moments that got me through a fifth of the country.

I am ignoring the fact that I missed my flight back to FL the day before, putting me a few hours behind schedule.

I am ignoring the fact that I locked myself of my apartment the night before, causing me to awkwardly walk around my building until someone turned off a light, so I knocked on her window knowing that she was awake.

Those things never happened.

This is about what happened after I crammed my life in to my Pontiac G6.

And hit the road.

Saturday, June 18

9:02 AM: Sweaty. [after being asked how's the final packup going?]

2:12 PM: On my way home... Minny, see you in a few days.

3:08 PM: (passed through several huge rainstorms) Let's time this one...
3:14 PM: 6 minutes... oh Florida!
3:30 PM: Ok this is like the 4th pocket of rain, Florida must be sad I'm leaving.

4:07 PM: So those gatorade bottles are too big to drink the last drops. My ceiling gets in the way...

4:15 PM: Guess how many windows I can see out of. 2.3.


5:22 PM: Ok I know you can't see it, but that cloud totally looks like Yoshi!
5:24 PM: It had the saddle and everything! [where did you find that?]
5:25 PM: Georgia's clouds > Florida's clouds. I have no idea where I am.

6:05 PM: 2 more hours... 2 more hours... [insert Michael Bolton references, including You can go the distance! and Just like Jack Sparrow]

6:15 PM: Gray, GA has the most badass squad cars ever

6:51 PM: If FL was sad, GA must be PISSED! This looks a little on the scary/fun side :)
7:03 PM: [I just can't imagine why Georgia's so mad at you...]
7:05 PM: "Stay the f*** in Florida!" (Georgia, 2011).

7:56 PM: P.S. I wish I could show you how beautiful this is- it's distracting!


8:12 PM: Did you live on Ultimate Drive? [Upon realizing the hotel I was staying at was right down the road from where my brother lived in Athens, GA]

Sunday, June 19

8:39 AM: On the road again- just can't wait to get on the road again

10:16 AM: Oh hey North Carolina! I'll be on the lookout for Petey Pablo

11:37 AM: Holy smokes the Smokies are incredible! This state is the only Ten-i-see!
11:39 AM: P.S. I think I need Ollie Williams here to predict the weather...
It's gon' rain!

11:59 AM: Guess where I'm going to be tomorrow [Hawaii?]
Close. Minnesota.

1:28 PM: Eew... Kentucky...

2:23 PM: Do you like mexican slash will you be in the mood for mexican?
2:24 PM: Yes and always :)
2:25 PM: Sorry... Si!

3:32 PM: For real... I haven't made it through 1 state without getting dumped on!

4:01 PM: O-H!
4:11 PM: I-O! Hooray!

4:15 PM: I never thought I'd say this, but I'm so glad I'm in Ohio! No more KY


11:32 PM: had the most epic adventures with in Oxford, OH! Couldn't ask for a better way to spend the day!

Monday, June 20

8:29 AM: Ok this rain thing needs to stop

9:27 AM: Currently 65 degrees in indiana. I haven't seen 65 in months! Yessss!

10:37 AM: I'm going to be in Gary, IN in a little while. Jealous??

12:44 PM: As much as I adore this city [Chicago], but I need to get the f*** out of here. This traffic is the worst
12:55 PM: That's why it doesn't get to be the First City
12:56 PM: But it is number one (middle finger)

2:19 PM: Oh p.s. I just crossed into wisconsin! So close!

2:27 PM: Wait, where am I?

3:42 PM: [Arrive in Madison for dinner. Read book for a bit in church parking lot waiting for friends]

4:48 PM: [Arrive at restaurant. Get a phone call from Johnson & Wales University in Denver, offering me a job. Holy crap!]

5:00-10:00 PM: Make a bunch of phone calls and ride home on pure adrenaline. This part is a blur.

11:03 PM: [Arrive home in Eagan, MN]

Home sweet home.



What a whirlwind of a few days!


No comments:

Post a Comment