Saturday, June 25, 2011

I'm Addicted

Addictions.

Alcohol. Drugs. Gambling. Sex. Tobacco. Shopping.

Those aren't mine. My addictions are books and art.

Books. If I walk into a book store, I walk out with a book. Or two. Then it goes straight to the pile of books that I own that I don't have time to read. I still own about 50 books that I have not read. I'm working on that.

Art. But the reason this post is happening is because of art. I am a sucker for art fairs, cheap sales, and galleries. Luckily, I've never had a job that paid enough to break the bank- it's easy to say no when you simply don't have the money. And when I do buy things, they're not expensive- I just have A LOT. I think I'm going to need an 8 bedroom house just for the art I have and will have. Immediately after the race, I stopped by the Eagan Art Festival. There's something about local artists that draws me in. Especially when that art captures Minnesota's amazingness.

The 2 latest additions to my collection:






"Four Seasons"
Ellen Empson

(Minnesota photos from L to R:
Minneapolis, Carver County, Lake Minnetonka, Chaska)














Near and Far
Photography

Downtown Minneapolis and Stone Arch Bridge








I guess it's not a bad addiction to have...

No comments:

Post a Comment