Tuesday, January 1, 2013

#oneword 2013

In the Twittersphere, there's this thing called #oneword, where people choose one word to live by for the upcoming year.

I'm playing along this year.  

And my word for 2013 is


I'm leaving 2012 with the feeling that some things in my life are off-kilter.  And 2013 is the year that I sort some of those things out.

Career
The next 6 months are going to be a pivotal point of my life as far as this goes.  I am looking forward to discovering opportunities and finding out really what direction I am headed in.

Faith
Something I'm been wrestling for a good majority of my life.  I've been learning a lot of great things and finding new ways to develop my spiritual beliefs.  Trying to really understand what I believe is going to be an exciting part of 2013.

Hobbies
Going along with some of my goals for 2013, some forms of creativity and ways to spend my time will be emerging.  Photography, art, maybe some music, reading, writing, etc... finding meaningful ways to spend my time.

Meaning
Speaking of meaning, this is the year that I will try to add some more depth to the things I do and the life I life.

Future
I need to figure out some things for what I am really looking for in my life.  Where I want to be, what I want to be doing, how I want my life to play out.  So many things to look forward to over a lifetime, and living in the moment sometimes makes me neglect looking at the bigger picture.  Figuring some of those things out and being intentional about how to get there are going to be exciting.

Limits
I just go.  Sometimes that gets me in trouble, as I get in over my head in a lot of situations.  2013 is going to do a lot to test my limits and discover what I am capable of.

Life
In general, I feel like I've done a lot over the past two years to treat life as an adventure and find opportunities that I can succeed in.  I know a lot of these things have huge implications on my future, but this is one of the first times I believe that will be a defining moment for the rest of my life.  2013 is going to do so much to determine what direction I head in the many years to come.  Health & Fitness.  Career.  Places.  People.

I am excited to see what 2013 has in store for my life, and I can't wait to discover so many new things about myself and the world around me.

Even when I feel like I have it all figured out, I realize how much more I have yet to discover.

1 comment:

  1. Jeff,

    I enjoy your breakdown of how you will tackle your one word. Discovery in itself is such an enriching experience. I wish you all the best! Let me know if you need to bounce ideas off someone.

    Go get 'em.

    ReplyDelete