I can't believe 2012 is already over... wow!
A quick runthrough of some of the highlights:
January: First Broncos game, trip to Florida for Warrior Dash
February: Skiing @ Keystone
March: Skiing @ Breckenridge, Trip to Moab, UT
April: Bought the first pair of jeans I've owned in 10+ years
May: Ran my first half marathon! The Color Run
June: Visited Rocky Mountain National Park
July: Trip to MN for the 4th of July, climbed Mount Elbert (highest peak in CO)
August: Trip to Arizona- Phoenix, Sedona, Grand Canyon, had an amazing RA training
September: Started a new school year working at JWU, Rock n Roll Denver 1/2 marathon relay
October: Anniversary trip to Albuquerque for the International Balloon Fiesta
November: Surprise trip to Aspen/Hanging Lake
December: Casa Bonita! Christmas with the Amazing family, Cousin Allison's wedding
Holy cow! As I look back on the year I realize how lucky I am...
Now, a look at the goals I had for 2012:
1. Get down to 210, then never get back above 220. Made it to 217 in May during 1/2 marathon training. Gained plenty after.
Run a half marathon. Ran my first half marathon in May!
4. Climb a 14era. I climbed my first 14er this summer - Mount Elbert - the tallest peak in CO
Keystone, Breckenridge, A Basin, Vail, and Beaver Creek. Didn't make it to all, but I will in 2013!
7. Join a sports league. Technically, no, but did some great things and met some awesome people through running and volleyball
8. Present at a professional conference. Submitted proposals for 2013, but was denied - oh well!
9. Discover or rediscover a creative outlet. This got neglected through the shuffle of life. I have a few things up my sleeve for 2013 though!
Read 50 Books. Not even close - barely read anything the second half of the year.
Visit 5 new places
-Ski Resorts Keystone & Breckenridge for skiing, Beaver Creek for Tough Mudder
-Moab, Utah & Arches/Canyonlands National Parks
-Fort Collins for my half marathon
-Rocky Mountain National Park
-Phoenix, Sedona, and Grand Canyon
-Albuquerque, New Mexico
Throw in a trip back to FL and a 4th of July in MN and this guy's a happy camper! Yes, a lot of these are in CO, but when you move to a new place, it's so much fun to explore. Especially a place as amazing as Colorado!
Smile and laugh. A lot. These are the moments that make life worth living.
Although I'm ending 2012 on a rough note, it was a phenomenal year, filled with memories, adventures, and love. Thanks for sharing the journey with me!