Monday, December 31, 2012

A Year in the Life


I can't believe 2012 is already over... wow!

A quick runthrough of some of the highlights:

January: First Broncos game, trip to Florida for Warrior Dash
February: Skiing @ Keystone
March: Skiing @ Breckenridge, Trip to Moab, UT
April: Bought the first pair of jeans I've owned in 10+ years
May: Ran my first half marathon!  The Color Run
June:  Visited Rocky Mountain National Park
July:  Trip to MN for the 4th of July, climbed Mount Elbert (highest peak in CO)
August:  Trip to Arizona- Phoenix, Sedona, Grand Canyon, had an amazing RA training
September: Started a new school year working at JWU, Rock n Roll Denver 1/2 marathon relay
October:  Anniversary trip to Albuquerque for the International Balloon Fiesta
November: Surprise trip to Aspen/Hanging Lake
December:  Casa Bonita! Christmas with the Amazing family, Cousin Allison's wedding

Holy cow!  As I look back on the year I realize how lucky I am...


Now, a look at the goals I had for 2012:

1. Get down to 210, then never get back above 220.  Made it to 217 in May during 1/2 marathon training.  Gained plenty after.  

2. Run a race every month.  The streak continues!

3. Run a half marathon.   Ran my first half marathon in May!

4. Climb a 14era.   I climbed my first 14er this summer - Mount Elbert - the tallest peak in CO

5. Ski Keystone, Breckenridge, A Basin, Vail, and Beaver Creek. Didn't make it to all, but I will in 2013!

6. Go to a Broncos, Avalanche, Rockies, Nuggets, and Rapids game. I love sports!

7. Join a sports league. Technically, no, but did some great things and met some awesome people through running and volleyball

8. Present at a professional conference. Submitted proposals for 2013, but was denied - oh well!

9. Discover or rediscover a creative outlet. This got neglected through the shuffle of life.  I have a few things up my sleeve for 2013 though!

10. Read 50 Books. Not even close - barely read anything the second half of the year.

11. Visit 5 new places
-Ski Resorts Keystone & Breckenridge for skiing, Beaver Creek for Tough Mudder
-Moab, Utah & Arches/Canyonlands National Parks
-Fort Collins for my half marathon
-Rocky Mountain National Park
-Phoenix, Sedona, and Grand Canyon
-Albuquerque, New Mexico
-Aspen

Throw in a trip back to FL and a 4th of July in MN and this guy's a happy camper!  Yes, a lot of these are in CO, but when you move to a new place, it's so much fun to explore.  Especially a place as amazing as Colorado!

12. Smile and laugh. A lot.   These are the moments that make life worth living.

Although I'm ending 2012 on a rough note, it was a phenomenal year, filled with memories, adventures, and love.  Thanks for sharing the journey with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment