Friday, September 7, 2012

Crunch Time

To say I've taken this summer off of running is an understatement.

After I ran my half marathon in May, I took some time off.

A lot of time.

I ran the Tough Mudder in June without much training, and it lived up to the name.

I did a race in July in MN, but it was so hot and I had not been running so it wasn't successful.

On July 2nd, I wrote a post mentioning the start of training for my next half marathon, and how I was going to dominate this 12 week program.

That lasted until week 3.  And it was far from domination.

Since July ended, I have been running a couple times... and the word "couple" is close to accurate.  I can count the number of times I ran during the month of August on one hand.  Sometimes life gets in the way of the goals you set, and you become content with not reaching them.

Then I looked at the calendar and it read September.

There, staring me in the face was impending failure, just 3 weeks away from running my second half marathon.

I made a crash course 3 week training program that will get me back into running - probably not prepared to conquer the half marathon, but get comfortable again with running and logging extensive miles.

This is the training I should have been doing all along, but come Sept 22, I will be completing another 13.1 miles.

Although my September has been crazy with work, I have been making the time to put my best foot forward.  Literally.

Mornings, nights, battling sickness, battle being tired, choosing running over that other thing I want to be doing, or simply choosing running over doing nothing...

So wish me luck over the next 2 weeks in hopes that I can get to a point where I can do relatively well.

I'm going to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment