Monday, July 23, 2012

Week 3

Week 3 of half marathon training

Monday - Strength
Upper Body - Abs - Little Lower Body
I used some weights for the first time in a really long time.  I think I'm going to be sore tomorrow. 

Tuesday - 3 Miles
3.11 miles - 29:13 - 9:23 pace
An early morning run to kick off the day.  First mile felt solid, second mile felt great, third - not so much.  I started dragging.  I realized over the past few days that it's going to take me a little while to get back to where I was.  So I have to stop comparing this to that.  I'll get back there.  I just can't assume I'm going to do it tomorrow, or this week.  I am not going to beat 27:16 this weekend.  But I will soon.  Last training taught me to be tough and grind away.  This time around is teaching me patience.  It will come. 

Wednesday - 5 x 400m 
Treadmill - 4 reps of .25 miles, 8:00 pace for 2:00, sprint across campus for 1:03
I only had about 15 mins to do this, so I tried to make the most of it.  I am sweaaaatyy

Thursday - 3 Miles
3.11 miles - 28:59 - 9:18 pace 
Pretty good run!  I felt strong for the most part.  I am very optimistic considering I had to stop and walk for a block (thanks Chipotle...), so I probably would have fallen just over the 28:00 mark.  I'm happy with this! 

Friday - Rest
Bikram Yoga - 90 minute class

Saturday - Cross
Climbed Mount Elbert, the tallest mountain in CO - 14,433 feet
About 12 hours round trip, a grueling mountain, but one of the best accomplishments since moving to Denver.  I'll be writing a full post about this soon! :)




Sunday - 5K Race
Rest 
I was totally planning on doing a race today, but I'm still really sore from the climb.  It would kill my legs.

Weekly Weigh In

Peak weight:  284
Training starting weight:  228
Last week: 226.8
Current weight:  221.6
Training goal weight:  209 (75 lb mark)
Comments:  Finally, the first good week of training.  I hit all the runs, have been focusing on my eating, and have just all around felt like my fitness is getting back on track.  This is the week I needed to slingshot me toward where I want to be.

1 comment:

  1. Woo, great week friend! I can't wait to read about your climb! :)

    ReplyDelete