Monday, July 16, 2012

Week 2: A Week 2 Forget

My computer died, so I lost my training plan that I had created for myself

Monday - Stretch & Strengthen
Off

Tuesday - 3 Miles
3.02 miles - 29:06 - 9:36 pace
It has been really tough to get back into the swing of things with this training program.  It feels good to get out, but the lack of running consistently has really caught up with me.  On the bright side, I'm starting out at a MUCH faster pace than when I started for my first half, so I feel like after a few weeks I will be back in saddle.

Wednesday - 30 Minutes Tempo
Off
I spent $350 on my car and have been sulking since my computer died.  Apparently I was looking for excuses so I took the liberty to not run, and I ate ice cream instead.

Thursday - 3 Miles + Strength
Off
Couldn't squeeze it in.  This week is failing miserably. 

Friday - Rest

Saturday - 3 Miles Pace
3.05 miles - 29:06 - 9:31 pace
The competitive side of me says this is a little disappointing.  I am realizing how long it's going to take me to get back to where I was 2 1/2 months ago as I was gearing up for my half.  Running 3 miles became effortless.  I could fly (by my standards) through each mile and crush PRs with every race.  Take 2 months off and I am nowhere near that.  It sucks.  The accomplishment-ive side of me says that at this point when I was in week 2 of my half training the first time around, my pace was around 10:30.  So to still be a full minute below that is great!  At week 2 I was about 10 pounds heavier than I am now, and this is after I've just gained about 10 back.  Overall, I am still definitely headed in the right direction.  And that's what matters.  I am excited to see where this training takes me.  I figure it will take me until the halfway point to get to where I was, and then take my running and fitness to a whole new level. I'm not sure how tomorrow is going to go, but no matter what it will be a step toward the ultimate goal.

Sunday - 6 Miles   
Rest
Over eating and spending the day inside away from the heat is how I spent my day.  Not happy with it, but can't do anything about it now.  I think I'm going to tweak my training program a bit because something is out of whack.


Weekly Weigh In

Peak weight:  284
Training starting weight:  228
Last week: 225.8
Current weight:  226.8
Training goal weight:  209 (75 lb mark)
Comments:  A bad week caught up with me.  I have to pick this up this week.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment