Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013 In The Books

As we ring in 2014, I feel that it's important to take a look back at the last year and see how I did with some of the things I want to accomplish.  Every year, I set a number of goals made to help me reach, grow, and discover.

Stay below 230 pounds - NO
In 2013 I finally got below 230, below 220, and even spent a little time below 210.  But after my marathon, I let myself go, and that number rose.  I spent Oct-Dec above my goal weight.  Shoot!

No McDonald's or Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - YES
I said goodbye to my two biggest problem foods.  And honestly, I didn't really miss them.

Run a race every month - YES
3 years & counting, and some amazing new experiences along the way.

Run a marathon - YES
June 2, 2013 - Rock n' Roll San Diego Marathon - 26.2 miles of glory!

Run under the following times - NO
5K: 26:00  10K:  57:00  Half Marathon: 2:00:00
I didn't even come close, but set a new PR in the 10K
Run 3 destination races - NO
San Diego gets a point.  Moab gets half a point because I've done it before.

Visit 5 new places - KIND OF
I made it to some places I have never been, but many of them involved exploring my amazing CO

Read the Bible - NO
Bits and pieces here and there, and read more of it I have in my life.

Increase savings accounts to undisclosed amount - NO
The first half of 2013 was a struggle financially, but the second half got the ship back on course.
Have zero balance on my credit cards - NO
Close, but no cigar
Volunteer - KIND OF
I did a handful of one-day volunteer things, but I was hoping for a consistent outlet.

Discover/Rediscover a creative outlet - KIND OF
I spent more time drawing & painted a couple things this year, but not to the consistent level I was hoping for.  

Smile and laugh a lot - YES
And made a million memories along the way.

I accomplished some great goals, and a lot were left unfinished.  And that's perfectly ok with me.  I believe if you accomplish all of your goals, then you're not aiming high enough.  

For 2014 I'm switching it up.  I am putting the finishing touches on my 30 before 30 list - 30 things I want to accomplish by the time I turn 30 (Feb 1, 2015).  I will unveil it on my 29th, and I'll have a year to conquer the list.  Game on!

Happy New Year, everyone!

What are you going to do to make 2014 spectacular?

No comments:

Post a Comment