Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Diet Betting

I am starting to get to a point where I need to do something drastic when it comes to my weight loss.

When I ran my marathon on June 2nd, I weighed 207 lbs.  As of today, I weigh 226.  I have more or less taken the last couple months off, only recently finding the motivation to get back on track.

Disclaimer: I am the first to admit that health isn't determined by a number on a scale.  At all.  But for me, I know that where I want to be fitness-wise involves lowering my number, so weight loss it is.

During this time off, I entered a Diet Bet, where the concept is pretty simple:  Put some money down.  Try to lose 4% of your weight in 4 weeks.  If you lose, you're out the money.  If you win, all the winners split the pot of money.  So if you win, the worst case scenario is you get your money back.  Best case scenario is others don't reach their goals and you win more money!

Sounded easy and fun.

I lost.

I lost because I didn't care.

But now, game on!  I have entered 3 Diet Bets (including starting one of my own) in an attempt to make it more of a competition for me.  I've been struggling to find motivation to do consistent exercise and eat well.  I figure putting $70 on the line for the next month is good motivation.  And the prospect of getting more than that back in return and winning money is even better motivation.  So this becomes my side job for the next month- and a way for me to keep myself on track.  Please check in with me and see how it's going, and help hold me accountable!

And if you'd like to join the Diet Bet I started, it's $25 to enter - click here!


No comments:

Post a Comment