Saturday, August 24, 2013

Back in the Saddle

Recently, I've posted about struggling with motivation, trying to get consistency back in my running.  It's been a tough couple months to stay on top of any sort of training schedule, but I'm learning to be ok with that.  I'm not the most thrilled about gaining 15 lbs, but here I am, and I'm ok with that.

Now that RA training is over, I'm determined to give myself a schedule that allows me the chance to be successful for the rest of 2013.

That means a few things:  4ish days/week of running.  2ish days a week of strength training.  Cross training.  Workouts.  Eating right.  Go time.

I've thought I was ready before, but now I KNOW I'm ready to get back into the swing of things.  And here's why:  I get BORED when I'm not working out.  I get antsy.  I get tired.  Yesterday, I went on what I call a "cleansing run."  That is what I call the first run in a while (in this case it was about 3 weeks).  It's pretty much a throw away run, meant to right the wrongs that eating poorly and not exercising does to me.  Usually, it's a 1-2 mile thing.  Yesterday, it was almost 4.  My body is telling me it's time.

So... here we go!

I have my first trail race this weekend, another 5K in September, then a half marathon in October.

Game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment