Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April

April 30th...

Where did the month go??  Is anyone else having the feeling like we just rang in the new year, watched the Super Bowl, etc?  Now here we are, 1/3 of the way through the year.

Now I take a look at this past month, and see some of the things that have happened.

Running
This has been a big one.  I am now a few days away from the 1 month mark from my marathon.  It is getting real.  The negative aspect has been staying consistent with the short runs.  I'm getting to the point of training where some days running is the worst.  I have to grit my teeth and just power through it.  Also, April has thrown me lots of obstacles.  Knee pain kept me timid, but I got that mostly under control and figured out.  Several blizzards rocked us this month, canceling some runs and making others dreadful.  I was knocked out for about 2 weeks from being sick, and I rarely get THAT sick.  But here I am on the other side of all of those things, and now it's crunch time.  The surprising part is how successful the longs runs have been.  Even with knee pain I ran a pain-free half marathon.  I ran my first ever run farther than that.  But the big test awaits.  The next two weeks will be an 18 and 20 mile run.  When I get through those, I will be one step closer.  What a journey it's been.

Job
Some of you know, others don't, but this is the first time I've shared this information on here: I am officially leaving my job at the end of the school year.  This is the other big thing on my mind.  So I am in full swing trying to find the next opportunity for me here in Colorado.  It's scary, it's daunting, it's difficult knowing that I am leaving June 30th, and therefor have to move as well.  With noting lined up after at this point.  I am praying and hoping that the right opportunity will come along, I will find a job that I can be happy and grow in, and ultimately allow me to stay here.  I don't ask this much, but please pray for me!

Finances
One of my big goals for 2013 was to get my finances more under control.  Boost savings, decrease debt, and not feel like money is stressing me out.  For the past year, I have felt like things have been out of control.  April marked the first month where this wasn't the case.  The numbers are going in the right direction, and I have developed a system that will take longer, but will ultimately lead to more success.

Fitness
I had to refocus on my weight this month, because last month hit a plateau.  Running a lot helps, but I still have a long way to go as far as consistency and discipline.  But I'm happy with how this month went.

Dec 31: 236.8
Jan 31:  223.2
Feb 28:  216.6
Mar 31:  217.4

Apr 30:  213.0

On a Personal Note...
I have a couple big things happening in my life on a personal level.  When the time is right, I can't wait to share them with you. But for now, time to reflect, discover, and keep growing.

Cheap Plug
I am just a couple hundred dollars away from hitting my fundraising goal for my marathon.  Consider supporting my journey and the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.  Click here for more details.

A Glimpse...




Thanks for being in my life!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome April dude - I can't believe RnR is just 32 days away! I am so stinking excited for you, I just can't handle it! Onward - one more month to make it awesome and get yourself ready. ROCK IT.

    <3

    ReplyDelete